Thursday, May 1, 2008

Google Maps- it is my friend

Okay, I know that I have been bad about posting and there will be some significant catch up soon- but I thought I would share something else first.

I was checking out a website about the new salon that my hairstylist moved to. First of all, I never thought I would be one to have a favorite hairstylist that I would stay loyal enough to follow to another salon- but yes, I have become that person.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to get to her new salon. When I did a search on the salon there was a feature to get directions. I love looking up directions online. They linked to Ask.com- which I had never used before and they were unaware of the bridge nearby having just been closed (no not the I-35 one) and they had no options that I could see to change the route.

So I returned to good old Google maps because I figured that I could change the map to avoid the bridge. No need! Not only did they have that information but they had photos of many of the turns! I am talking actual photos of the intersections that you can pan 360 degrees. How cool is that! So beyond the map I know what the front of the salon looks like, just another reason that I regularly turn to google for information.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've seen a couple of those, lately, and you're right--they're great when you've never been there and would really like to see what you're looking for.