I am always trying to find a good deal and do fun things. I love that Macy's has joined with the libraries around here to offer free entrance into many museums and historical places around. We haven't visited a lot but we have gone to the MN Zoo and The Works and other places.
I have recently found out that Target has a partnership with the MN Orchestra for free tickets to upcoming family musical productions. It is a drawing but hey- I will sign up if for a chance to win 6 free tickets. If you are from around here and want to enter for the tickets too check out this link.
I have also looked into volunteering to get you free admission. I got the girls in our church youth group into the state fair for free by having them fill a shift at a little kids farm area. There are also several smaller theaters such as Stepping Stone Theater that by offering to usher (they look for youth groups, I think) you can watch the production for free!
Several radio stations also offer deals for free or discounted gift certificates from time to time. I think that KDWB (Dave's Deals) does and also 107.1 FM I am sure there are others but you actually have to listen to hear when they have good deals. I missed out on a 1/2 price membership to the MN Science Museum because they sold out in about 2 hours from being made available. Bummer. You can find links to the deals through their websites. Many times you can get a $50 gift certificate for $25.
Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to find the best deals?
No comments:
Post a Comment