Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FHE at the Metrodome

We had a lot of fun cheering at the Twins last night. Spencer and Jenna had never been to a baseball game before. They both asked a lot of questions about baseball and started to catch on. Although Jenna kept getting the sports terms mixed up "Did we get a touch down?". It was also fun to watch them cheering and doing "the wave." Unfortunately the Twins lost. We left after the 10th inning when the game was tied. It was just getting a little late and the kids needed to go to bed.










It was a whole family activity. My parents and my sister joined us for the game. Jill was the photographer so I don't have any shots of her. She just came for the food though- how often do you get a chance to eat baseball dining? She actually brought a book with her! She put it away though once it was time for food.

Part of why we went was because "the guys" from Nate's work wanted to go. I think they enjoyed watching my kids reactions. One of them returned from getting food with hats for both kids! They loved them as you can see.



6 comments:

Brent said...

Looks like fun. Can you put some of these pictures on my site or let me? We want to go to a Rangers game, but it is hard with school and work, and it costs so much especially if we have to stay the night. We might have to go to a day game and drive to and from DFW all day and night. If we do that one of the two day games in May (when I dont have school) is against the Twins, so we might go to a Twins game too.

Kim Ashford said...

Sure - go ahead and post them- I hadn't thought of that- luckily we don't have to travel that far. It is only about a 25 minute drive or so, except that we ran into rush hour traffic on the way there.

Regan said...

That looks like a lot of fun! (I would've left after the 10th inning, too - who knows how long that could've gone!)

Lisa said...

hmmm... There's four pictures that I just can't seem to load. I'm sure they're cute, though, since the others all are. Looks like you all had a lot of fun. We've got minor league but it doesn't have any of that Really Cool Stadium thing going.

Kim Ashford said...

Yeah I had a technical problem that I forgot to have Nate help me with. I tried to automatically load pictures with Picassa and it caused me some problems. Actually there is only one photo missing- the other phantom photos I replaced.

Rick said...

Looks like fun. We've been to a couple Spurs games and at least one (that I can remember) Round Rock Express game. It's a blast to hang out, enjoy the game and spend time with friends.

I love the open air of the Dell Diamond, but there are times when the air conditioning of a dome or arena sound really appealing (I'm thinking July/August time there).