Friday, November 23, 2007

DONE!

It is 7:30am and we are calling the Christmas shopping DONE!

Nate & I and David & Lindsay went out at 1am last night because a shopping mall opened then. Most of the smaller stores and kiosks were open! (The kids got to sleep at Grockie and Papa's last night.) We got a couple of gifts and then waited for Kohl's and Sears to open (and Dave went home to sleep before work).

Kohl's was a mess! I got the stuff I wanted but getting checked out was a serious maze- I don't think I will go to that mall again next year, opening so early made the anchor stores way too busy when they opened. Nate tried to get a TV at Sears but even though he was #2 in line they had "ZeroTVs available". The person in front of him was only able to get the floor display tv.

So we left the mall and went over to a Target that was NOT part of a mall and Nate was able to get a different TV and I was much happier about the price. It was so peaceful at that Target compared to the mall it was GREAT! So we were able to wander and finish up nearly all of our shopping- YEAH!!!! There is minimal stress to get the 1 or 2 last gifts and now we can enjoy the holiday season much more.

Well, I am off to bed and am leaving Nate to set up his new tv so that it is working before "the game" today.

I hope you all had fun and successful shopping trips- Go Longhorns!

2 comments:

Sherry Ashford said...

My sister and I also hit the shopping early this morning and Kohl's was a nightmare. It took us an hour to checkout. Everything else went very smoothly. I just have a couple of gifts left to get...basically being ordered online.

Regan said...

Wow! You guys are brave. We didn't even attempt any shopping. I think I've ordered pretty much everything online. With free shipping all over the place and two little kids, it's much easier!

That game was a pretty sad way to break in a new TV.