Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Promotion, Promotion, Promotion (almost)

We had a fun last Friday. Not as much fun as if Rick and Sherry would have been here but...

I tried to record some of the night to share with y'all.

Spencer went from a Purple Stripe to a Red Belt and Jenna went from a Green Stripe to a Blue Belt. And Nate went from a Green Stripe to a temporary Blue Belt- he won't be a full Blue Belt until he is given medical clearance to spar again. So Jenna is technically ahead of him- a fact that she is VERY pleased about.

Here is a shot of Nate doing the Required form for all adults. After he went it occurred to me that shooting video would be easier that trying to get a successful action photo.



Here I got Nate and Jenna doing their form. Sorry no sound on my camera.



Here is Spencer doing his Purple Stripe form.
The forms all have formal names but I don't remember what they are nor how to spell them.
I didn't get all of the form - I missed the first part because the camera gal (me) is still a novice.



Here are a few other photos:






Here they are
waiting their turn to be called up to receive their new belts.


































And here are the three of them wearing their new belts.
They are all very excited to go to class now and learn their new forms - Spencer gets to use weapons again and he is very excited about that.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Alright! Way to go, guys. Congrats on your new belts.

Jenni said...

Too cute!

Nate, I was really hoping for a little more behind-shaking...but I'm proud of you for never breaking form and busting out into dance...

Sherry Ashford said...

Congrats!! We were bummed to not be there.

Nate Ashford said...

Jenni, it really was a struggle to refrain from extracurricular booty shaking. One of these days I may just have to go all "My Little Buttercup" on those guys.

Jenni said...

THAT will get you the promotion, I'm sure! I've seen it....it is stunning!