Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Music...

it was so fun to sing so many Christmas Carols at church today. My kids are still singing or at least humming the tunes. In fact, Spencer has already asked to go out an purchase some Christmas sheet music for his cello. While I am all for finding more ways to get him to practice...buying some easy sheet music is not something I wanted to do.

So what thought occurred to me? "Google it" -of course!

I found a wonderful website that had just what I needed. So if anyone else is looking for some easy sheet music that is free I would suggest this site Celloonline.com. The link takes you to the free portion of the website. There are other arrangements available for violin, viola and full score (piano).

Now that Spencer has his cello out and is currently playing Jingle Bells (the only Christmasy song in his current book) I should bring him some more options.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday- we are bundling up and getting ready to do some baking. Wish me luck- I swear I have been so distracted lately that I keep burning stuff! Even toast- perhaps I should have kept that to myself.

2 comments:

Regan said...

Great idea! (And did I know Spencer plays the cello? How long has that been going on? Now I feel bad! I guess I'll learn all those things when I study our cousins yearbook!) I've been doing Sharing Time in Primary all month, and last week was the Christmas lesson, while this week was Joseph Smith. So it almost felt funny to be doing so much Christmas stuff in Sacrament Meeting and all Restoration in Primary. Nice, though.

Kim Ashford said...

No worries, he just started this Fall. I also felt the same- because there was no Christmas lesson for Young Women's either. It was too important of a lesson to skip over - so it went fine but felt a little strange.