Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookies- success tips

I have struggled forever at making chewy cookies. I generally will make a different dessert or there a a couple of no fail cookies that I occasionally attempt. But really, I just try to avoid making them all together.

Nate, who is very aware of my struggles, was kind enough to share this link to help me out.

Apparently butter is the key.


So I tried a few of their tips and followed the directions on the Andes Mint Chips bag(check out the link for a copy of the recipe.

and Voila! Chewy cookies!
(the photo is from the above link but honestly this is what mine look like too!)

They are really minty- in the future I may be tempted to put in a little less mint chips and maybe put a few chocolate chips into the mix- but they did still turned out really well.

And for an extra bonus- I didn't burn any! I can rarely successfully cook an entire batch without messing up one pan- and with my bad luck lately with cooking I was really nervous but I guess I was extra careful and actually remembered to set the timer and had no problems.

1 comment:

Clarinda said...

Another key to chewy cookies is to not overbake. Perhaps baking a minute less can make a huge difference. Of course this tip may depend upon the type of cookie... I don't know for sure.