In the spirit of catching up I am going to add some posts about what we did over the summer. I figure if I try and have a goal of one a day I may actually get it done.
In August, our ward had a primary activity at the temple. Primary is the what the youth Sunday school is called at our church. So I drove them out to Oakdale, which is about a 40min drive for me- perhaps a little longer for others.
It was a beautiful day that did NOT feel like the first weekend in August.
My kids were wearing sweaters!
It was a beautiful day that did NOT feel like the first weekend in August.
My kids were wearing sweaters!
The kids had a bunch of questions to try and answer about temples and got to walk around the temple grounds. We tried to keep them reverent. I did wonder if any of the patrons were able to hear them though.
Each of the kids got to have a small piece of marble like the temple is made of and also a small photo of the temple.
After they were able to have a snack and who were the first to offer to help pass them out?
Here is the whole group.
It was a wonderful way to start off a Saturday.
4 comments:
what a fabulous idea!!!!
i love it!!!
Your kids are so awesome. That's great of them to volunteer like that.
That's really neat. I wish we had a temple close enough to do that here. It looks like a beautiful day!
Looks like they all had fun!
Post a Comment