Monday, February 22, 2010

He got a part!

The 6th grade does a musical every year.  It is a fun tradition.  I remember being in one when I was in 6th grade too!

This year they are doing Willy Wonka Kids (for a description click here).  Spencer tried out for parts thinking that the Oompa Loompas sounded fun...and if he didn't make that chorus he was perfectly okay being on the stage crew with his friends.

He must have done pretty well during the auditions because not only did he get a part...he is

 
Charlie Bucket!!!!!!

Spencer was sooo excited when he found out and genuinely shocked!  It was pretty cute.

Here is how the above link describes the part:
"The role of Charlie Bucket is the emotional heart and soul of the musical. The actor performing Charlie should have an unchanged voice and lots of pluck and enthusiasm. Think a male "Annie." Charlie is in nearly every scene, so make sure you select an actor who can handle the demands of a sizable role."
So now they have a couple of months to practice.  There are two casts, and 2 performances for each cast (built in understudies!).  I think the final performance is in the beginning in May.

Let the memorizing begin!

5 comments:

Regan said...

That's fantastic!! Way to go, Spencer! You'll do a wonderful job as Charlie!

Callie. said...

how fun! Go Spencer!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Spencer. Remember to have fun. I know you will be great. See you soon.

Lisa said...

Alright! That's fantastic!

Jenni said...

That's awesome!