So for the last two weeks the kids have been taking swimming lessons. It was amazing to see the progress they made! Spencer can finally swim! He has previously struggled with staying afloat. It was SO cool to watch him jump off the diving board and be able to swim to the side- I had to call Nate at work the first time he did it. He can also swim the width of the pool now. And this was only the level 2 swimming class.
The teaching style was so much better than what Spencer had while in Utah -I really wish that I would have signed him up for swimming lessons last summer but life was in such a transition mode that lessons were not a high enough priority.
Jenna did swimming lessons for the first time so she was in level 1. She LOVED it. She loves being in the water and she is able to float by herself and was doing a few strokes unassisted. The teacher commented on how she liked Jenna's CAN-DO attitude.
I didn't manage to get any photos of them in class but I am going to try some photos of them when I take them swimming at the beaches and the pool this summer. I am going to try and go at least once a week so that they don't forget what they have learned! We went tonight and let them jump off the boat with life jackets on and you could still see how much they learned- but no still no camera with me. I think I need camera toting lessons from Regan- she always seems to have hers around.
I may also sign them up for another session at the end of the summer. They offer lessons during the school year also but we tend to be so busy. It is great to be in a place that has indoor swimming pools so you can swim year round. It is also great to be in a place that values the skill of swimming- with so much water around everyone should really learn to swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment