With the internet I was able make shopping easier this year. I always use it to figure out directions. I use to find recipes or any other information.
But for researching genealogy it makes communication and information so much more accessible! The way that Family Search is allowing anyone to help index records is awesome! I have managed to index over 1000 names in just a couple of months- my gift back to the internet world.
This week I realized that a contact I made a few weeks ago was a gold mine of information! I am currently trying to read some German records that are in German script, so Nate can't read them, and is not in a table format and thus is near impossible for me to read.
The contact I made
1) has the same family name in common in the same village that I am researching
2) is from Germany and can read the German script
3) is currently living in Southern California as a German professor which means his English is very good also!
I am going to scan and email copies of the records I need help reading. How fast does the internet make this process! That is so cool. So that is my good news for the week.
The tough news is that I have been home nursing a sick little girl. Jenna has come down with the flu and has such a hard time recuperating. The rest of us have managed to stay functioning and hopefully that will continue. Ee have completed day 3 and she still isn't able to keep food down. But the fever has gone down and we have ruled out Ear infections, Strep and Pneumonia so it will just take time to get better. She has improved since yesterday but we just are not there yet - so she is getting another break from school before her two week break.
It is so hard when your kids are sick. She just isn't herself and she is so tired of being sick but unfortunately there isn't a whole lot anyone can do for her- just sit and wait.
2 comments:
Poor Jenna. Get well really quick. Love you. Gramma
I agree--the Internet is awesome!
That's so sad about Jenna! She's missing all the fun holiday stuff. I'll bet it's hard keeping her hydrated and all that. We hope she gets better soon and that the rest of you don't get it!
Post a Comment