My dad has been keeping track of their growth on their kitchen wall (just as he did with us except that our measurements were lost when we said goodbye to the wallpaper.)
He measured them Nov 1st and then again a few days ago.
Spencer has grown 5/8 of an inch
and
Jenna has grown 7/8 of an inch
in 1 month!
and
Jenna has grown 7/8 of an inch
in 1 month!
Then I decided to double check Jenna's shoes... yeah, she has outgrown her size 1s. They are not even close to being worn out yet. Poor kid, no wonder she had an overly clumsy month- she was growing too fast.
She asked me at the beginning of the school year why she doesn't have as many different shoes as other kids in her class. This is why. And yes, I was astounded that she has already taken an interest in shoes. I blame her Aunt Jill for her shopping addiction. :) (BTW Jill, we need to go shopping!)
Currently the kids heights are: Spencer at 4'6" and Jenna 4' 1".
(and no, I haven't checked Spencer's shoes yet, he generally tells me when his feet hurt- apparently Jenna hasn't realized that her feet are not supposed to hurt since I am constantly replacing her shoes.)
Wouldn't it be great if they invented expandable shoes that had stretch in them to allow kids to wear them longer?
3 comments:
Wow! I'm not even going to recognize them when I see them next! I was going to post on my blog about how Bridget has finally outgrown her 4Ts and size 10 shoes, but you've got us beat! That's an awful lot of growth in a month.
I know! This is why I can not buy clothes in advance for Jenna- I would never be able to guess the right season. I guess I should just buy 2 of everything in 2 different sizes and then in 3-4 months we can just switch out the smaller size. Poor Spence, Jenna is so going to pass him up one of these days.
Hey, growth is growth and a time to celebrate. Somedays I wish that Jenna was still in 4T- it would be easier to buy clothes for her.
Expandable shoes? That's genius!
You could make millions with that idea.
Post a Comment