Saturday, July 7, 2007

Cookies for Nate....

A guy came to our door yesterday holding what looked like a paper grocery bag.

I opened the door and he says to me, holding out the bag, "Cookies for Nate".

"Excuse Me?" I said because I didn't think I had heard him right.

"Cookies for Nate" he repeated.

Well, on the bag is Nate's name and address and I start to peek inside the top of the bag and he says, "There is a card inside."

"Okay, thanks." Still confused I brought the bag in and called for Nate.

There actually were cookies inside. They were sent by his company to congratulate him on his promotion (Way to go Nate!) that he received last week.

I have never heard of Cookies by Design before so I had to take a few photos.

The card inside was nice because it was actually in part to the family thanking us for sharing our Dad with them (the company).

4 comments:

Regan said...

How nice (except for the weird delivery)! I love Cookies By Design/Cookie Bouquet! Our company always sends a bouquet when someone has a baby, and they've also used them for other occasions like Administrative Professionals Day. Anyway, congrats to Nate on the promotion - we hadn't heard.

Sherry Ashford said...

That is great! Way to go!!

Lisa said...

We hadn't heard about the promotion, either, so congratulations and cool cookies!

Kim Ashford said...

The promotion just happened and Nate isn't one to toot his own horn- so I took on the job. (Hope that's okay Nate.) He has worked really hard at this company and despite the stress it brings I think he is enjoying this job.