Well, after receiving our copy of the book by mail on Saturday. Nate and I started reading. (Spencer is waiting until he finishes reading 5 and 6). In the past we have traded off on reading - we were not allowed to read more than one chapter ahead of each other. This book is really good though. Nate stayed up pretty late (or rather EARLY) on Saturday/Sunday reading. Then I caught up to him while I stayed home from church (Spencer has been sick.) For a good portion of the end of the book we just read it silently together. We finished reading last night.
My review? WOW. Intense at times but I enjoyed it. The best thing that I can say about it is that I am ready to read it all over again. And it also makes me more interested in the previous books too. I was nervous that after reading the final book that I would not care to read the rest of the series anymore. It is a great wrap up to the books and I think I would now be comfortable buying the audio versions of all of the books.
I hope that the rest of you Harry Potter fans enjoy it as much as I did.
4 comments:
You're not alone - we loved it, too. We read nearly the whole thing aloud to each other, which I liked because we discussed it as we went along. We stayed up until 3:30 this morning because we couldn't wait to finish it!
I loved how much detail she brought back from the very beginning of the books. Jonathan noticed a bunch of symmetry in the series, too--themes, characters and objects that show up in symmetry. Sirius shows up in 3 and leaves in 5. The Dursleys run from wizards and Hagrid rides the motorbike in 1 and 7. Riddle's past is examined in 2 and 6. That sort of thing. It's neat to look for it.
I also loved the spell that Harry used in the end on Voldemort (sorry if that's a spoiler!) - the one that Lupin had told him he shouldn't use so much.
That was one of my favorite parts too!
Post a Comment