I know many of you have seen the news about the bridge collapse in Minneapolis today, and I can reassure you that we're all okay. I was in traffic at the time of the collapse, and I do have to cross the Mississippi every day, but I cross the river further south on 494.
Minneapolis straddles the river with the main downtown area on the southwest side. The bridge that collapsed is on I-35W which runs essentially through the middle of the University of Minnesota campus. You can take a look at the location here. The marker is on the Cedar Avenue Bridge immediately next to I-35W. Just downriver from the Cedar Avenue Bridge is a pedestrian bridge where the crowds are gathered watching the scene--including, according to the news footage, a couple of guys in white shirts, ties and black name tags leading some group prayers.
We just got a call from the Relief Society Presidency making sure that I made it home safe. They and the bishopric have been calling around to all the ward members that work over that direction, and thankfully all of those calls have been positive so far.
3 comments:
I assume that Kim's family is all OK also.
Glad to hear that all of you are safe!
I'm very glad to hear that. I was going to call today and check up, although I was sure if something bad had happened, we would have heard by now. But that's still good to know that you guys and everyone in your ward is so far alright. What a horrible thing to have happen though; how neat to have the missionaries there leading prayers.
Post a Comment