Here are some photos of the area where all of the people were gathered. Spencer took these photos a while ago. We have a lot of shade available especially in the evening.
Just try and imagine this area filled with 2 picnic tables, a patio table, 4 card tables and another patio table with food and lots of patio chairs and other lawn chairs. It was packed pretty solidly.
We also had some visitors to our party.
A Minnetonka police officer came and talked for quite a while to the kids. She was available for adult questions too but there didn't appear to be any.
The former owners of our house also joined the party and Kathy works for a different city but her job is to bring McGruff the crime dog around and so she made a special stop to our party too.
It was a fun night- we met lots of our neighbors although without the name tags I have no chance at remembering all of their names.
Did any of you attend a National Night Out Gathering?
3 comments:
We sort of attended. I DJ'ed a NNO party in Mike & Jeri's old neighborhood. Mostly I just sat around and listened to my music playing, but I enjoyed it. Sherry and Baxter joined me when she got done with school work.
It looks great! Our neighborhood didn't have a gathering this year. Still too new, I guess.
I think our neighborhood is too... mexican? Either that or the "real" neighborhoods on each side of us don't consider us as part of either of them.
Post a Comment