Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I finally made one...

I have been wanting to do something different as a gift for when my friends have babies. For a while I wanted to make burp cloths (perhaps stenciling a cloth diaper), or crocheting an edge around a baby blanket or burp cloth (something I still want to learn) but I have never gotten around to either of those ideas.

I think that some of the most useful gifts that I have ever gotten were the hooded towels that Jeri made for my kids. Thank you again, Jeri! They have loved them as much as I have so I decided to make a couple of these this week. They were nice and easy for me. The hardest part was finding a ribbon I liked and towels that I wanted to use. I found them both at Walmart, eventually. I made three while I was at it so here is Jenna posing with one of them for me.

2 comments:

Regan said...

Look at her cute glasses! She looks adorable.

We love those towels, too. I really need to learn to sew! Yours looks great!

Callie. said...

what a fun project! I'm trying to get into sewing also at the moment. And man does Jenna look like you in that picture or what!! It must be the glasses. Very cute!