Tuesday, September 18, 2007

MN State Fair

So we all enjoyed our trip to the MN State Fair- it's called The Great MN Get Together. What did we see? Well, we ALWAYS go and see a horse show. This year we enjoyed watching the Canadian Mounted Guard? I think that is their name and it was so cool- they did this show to music and all of the time the horses movements were choreographed. It was like watching a marching band (at a performance not during a parade) but without the music or the instruments. Jenna kept trying to count them and Spencer really liked the uniforms.

There was the miracle of birth center- where they have lots of animals that are VERY pregnant and are due to give birth during the fair. If you are lucky you get to see it happening. Jenna loves this- Spencer does not. We saw some very newborn sheep and some chicks and other baby animals.

We had to walk through a few barns to see animals and the kids got cow neckerchiefs for finding out the questions to a cow knowledge test.

We walked around and saw a few things. Nate and I went another time without kids- that was kind of nice. We got to see things that the kids didn't have patience for- we looked at large prize winning vegies, lots of bonsai trees, seed art displays. My sister-in-law did bingo cards for us about the different types of people, look-a-likes, hairstyles, clothes, etc. you tend to see when in large groups. That made people watching a very entertaining part too.

There was also lots of food-of course.

3 comments:

Regan said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I don't think I've ever been to a state fair.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't imagine fried candy bars.

Callie. said...

how fun! I LOVE fairs. And wow...a deep fried snickers bar...I bet it was really tasty!!