Monday, September 3, 2007

Wow! New Focus!

As some of you have already heard I have been called to be the Young Women's President in our ward. That means that I am in charge of the girl's program (ages 12-18) at church.

Several people at church expressed concern about who was going to run the Family History program now but everyone was supportive of the call. Until they call someone to replace me I am going to continue teaching the Thursday classes for the month of September since I already announced them in the monthly newsletter. So I am going to be really busy.

Right now there are only about 12 girls total in the program so I am a couple of staff short -we don't want to out number the girls - so for the time being I am also the Laurel Advisor (there is only 2 of them) and the Secretary! It is kind of funny - but my mom is my second counselor so we get to spend lots of quality time together - good thing we get along so well! The shock is starting to fade but now I am just trying to figure out what I am supposed to do and to try and get organized. Wish me luck!

So Jeri- you and I haven't followed each other in callings for a while? (Thank goodness because I don't think we wanted too.) But did you want to start again? Is it your turn to be in Young Women's too?

2 comments:

Sherry Ashford said...

Good Luck. My sister was YW President for awhile and often had the problem of more leaders than girls. It was definitely a challenge. I'm trying to decide which calling I like better mine (CTR 5) or yours.

Regan said...

Well, that's not too bad! I was expecting RS Pres or something, which I think would be awful. It does sound like you have some work to do!