Friday, June 27, 2008

A fun "free" day

I love community events- especially when they are free.

The other day, we enjoyed a 45 min musical play- School House Rock. We got to sit on the picnic blanket and enjoy the show. Sorry - no photos. But it was a fun time.

Later we went to the Library. We got to listen to Will Hobbs talk about his books. Spencer even got him to sign 2 of them. It was really fun to listen to him describe how he comes up with his ideas for the books and how authors love to read first and then decide to write.

While at the library I was able to request some books that hopefully connect some dots on my family history. I was thinking that they would charge for Interlibrary loan- but no! I just have to be patient and see how long it takes for them to send the books I am desiring.

We are looking forward to the Minnetonka Summer Festival tomorrow. Spencer and Nate are signed up for the 2 mi. fun run again and Jenna is signed up for the tot trot. Me? I am signed up for the cheering and camera crew. There are a lot of fun things happening on Saturday at the Festival- we will see how much time we spend there!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Free is the best. Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy the festival!