Here are some photo highlights from what is becoming our favorite holiday!

Nate overlooking the food tables from his perch on the deck.
His position was great because he was in a great place to "educate" the locals on the proper way to make a brisket sandwich.

I cannot believe this is the only photo I got of the apparatus that we (Nate and Dad) rigged to provide shade for the food tables.
It worked out really well and covered the two long tables wonderfully.

Here are the two patriotic mascots. They made sure to act well so that they got some good handouts. Especially Kali. She didn't need any dinner that night and wasn't too hungry the next day either.

Here is part of the constant crowd found around Nate's bubble mixture. All 2 1/2 or 3 gallons that Nate made disappears into the air and surrounding grass.
A note for next year- do the bubbles on a driveway. The next day...there was a green grass circle where the bucket was and the grass all around it was mostly yellow. It is finally starting to come back.

Isn't this one of the coolest instruments you have ever seen! A washtub bass!
It was amazing how he adjusted the sound by just pulling back on that wooden handle. Gotta love the other items supporting the washtub as well: 2 plungers, two books, and a piece of carpet.

The Jug Band and some of their audience.

Close up of the Band members.

One of my neighbors made the comment after watching Steve play these through a song,
"He must have never smoked" nope - his lungs are healthy.

The youth "just chillin' in the shade "



The craft/bingo table.
I think a good time was had by all!
4 comments:
Awesome! That looks like so much fun--I wish we could have been there. Was it church friends, neighbors, or both?
It was friends, church friends, neighbors and family! If ever you are in town on the 4th you would be very welcome.
What an awesome party! We want to come! I'm pretty sure I'd have a hard time coming up with 130 people to invite to a party here. What a very cool tradition!
130 includes kids and I grew up here so I know a lot of people here. The guest list included family (including some cousins), long time family friends, neighbors, and many families from the ward. It is amazing how fast the number grew.
Next year may be bigger still because once everyone has tried Nate's BBQ they want to come again and with the long weekend this year, several of our friends were out of town.
If you want to plan a trip North -July would be a good time to come! We will even babysit for your anniversary!
Post a Comment